Hello! I’m an assistant professor at the MIT mathematics department. My research is in symplectic and contact topology. I am particularly interested in the flexible side of the field as well as in the connections with parametrized Morse theory, algebraic K-theory and singularity theory. Here is my CV. I am grateful for the support of the National Science Foundation under grant DMS-2203455.
This fall I am teaching Algebraic Topology I, aka 18.905, find the course webpage here. Last spring I taught Introduction to Topology, aka 18.901, find the course webpage here. I co-organize the MIT Symplectic Seminar and the MIT Geometry and Topology Seminar.
Department of Mathematics,
MIT 182 Memorial Dr,
Cambridge 02142, MA USA
Publications & preprints
- Framed bordism of nearby Lagrangian homotopy spheres via generating functions (to be subsumed by Normal invariant of nearby Lagrangians via twisted generating functions, joint with M. Abouzaid, S. Courte and T. Kragh)
- Arboreal models and their stability (joint with Y. Eliashberg and D. Nadler) arXiv:2101.04272
- Positive arborealization of polarized Weinstein manifolds (joint with Y. Eliashberg and D. Nadler) arXiv:2011.08962
- Caustics of Lagrangian homotopy spheres with stably trivial Gauss map (joint with D. Darrow) arXiv:2105.05843, to appear in Journal of Symplectic Geometry
- Geomorphology of Lagrangian ridges (joint with Y. Eliashberg and D. Nadler) Journal of Topology 15(2) (2022) 844-877
- A Legendrian Turaev torsion via generating families (joint with K. Igusa) Journal de l’École polytechnique 8 (2021), 57-119
- Embeddings of free groups into asymptotic cones of Hamiltonian diffeomorphisms (joint with V. Kaminker, A. Kislev, K. Kliakhandler, A. Pavlichenko, L. Rigolli, D. Rosen, O. Shabtai, B. Stevenson, and J. Zhang) Journal of Topology and Analysis 11(02) (2019) 267-298.
- The simplification of singularities of Lagrangian and Legendrian fronts Inventiones mathematicae 214(2) (2018) 641-737
- Refinements of the holonomic approximation lemma Algebraic & Geometric Topology 18(4) (2018) 2265–2303
- Lo mínimo que debe uno saber sobre superficies mínimas La Gaceta de la RSME 17(1) 2014 pp 49-69
- Sutured Manifolds and the Thurston Norm (Part III essay)
- Gaussian Curvature in codimension > 1